Tuesday 21 February 2012

Steve Challen......!


Here I am on the slopes in France at the end of my first week with my mono-ski. Prior to this I took 4 lessons with Disability Snowsports UK at the Milton Keynes Snowzone.....I could not have got started without their support and great instruction. I absolutely loved mono from the first lesson and the potential freedom that it offered me back out on the slopes following my long-term and continuing illness, Chronic Fatigue / ME. And as you will see, progress can be pretty swift on one of these devices! I would encourage anyone to look up their local DSUK club (www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/) and have a go at mono or bi-ski........able-bodied or not so, on gentle slopes there is very little effort required with one of these, and if you get out on steeper slopes it is a real blast .......even if I did fall over quite a few times!! Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment